Ever wonder what it is like in retail world?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ever wonder what it is like in retail world?

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:13 am

If you guys ever wonder what it is like playing in retail, read this thread,,

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r24027153-Comments-in-Randoms-That-Make-You-facepalm

It's things like that, that makes me glad I'm not playing in retail anymore...

Cheers..
Admin

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://blackcat.pureforum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Ever wonder what it is like in retail world?

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:07 am

Couple of gems from the thread..

Winnie and I were in Pit of Sharon with one of the worst warrior tanks ever...

On the ramp leading up to tunnel, he runs past all the elites. When we asked why "you can usually run right past them". Of course he did this two times causing the group to wipe.

He does the same thing in the tunnel not stopping at the safe points to deal with the mobs. Our healer draws all the aggro cause the tank isn't tanking. We all wipe (again) but he goes on to engage the boss. "I've engage the boss so the mobs will leave us alone".

After yelling at him about his stupidity... the tank says "just run through it... keep me healed and we'll be fine". LMAO. The healer went off on him for that one.

Finally he agrees to do this by the book and gives us this classic gem "If I die ... WE ALL DIE!!"

It was hilariously bad.

Just recent stuff.

My daughter was running a pug on her dk tank and one of the group whispers her "You're frost? thot frost tanking was nerfed last patch!"

On my ret pally doing PoS with undergeared group really. On final boss the healer wipes and we had the boss down to 1/4 health. I went healer and tried my best but quickly ran out of man. After we wipe i mentioned in party chat that i tried to heal through but couldn't do it. Tank says "you can heal?" lol

Someone made a comment on my warlock minions name once "What a stupid name for a pet"....lol, as if i could name it myself.

"BM hunters are underpowered. No magic resists at all, and only one AOE, plus no healing. My pet can add to my mana during combat, why not my health? Also only 2 percent per minute in health regen, 2% every 6 seconds?" - Pandora

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:12 am

Although not in a random, last nights 25m Ony:

rogue (named Iamscrub) dies to ony's first deep breath. I leave him dead for two more deep breaths hoping he would tach the fight a bit... brez... he accepts in the middle of a deep breath... dies again. Nerd rages "WTF why would you brez me in the middle of flames???"

later (on a third attempt /sigh) a feral druid bites the dust to one of the big elites... gets a brez... dies to another elite's fire breath. He actually complained about being brezed at the wrong time... /sigh.

edit: I can appreciate that it's tough to know where the druid was standing when they cast the brez... so you don't know exactly where you will pop up when you hit "accept"... but don't blame the druid...

Tonight... Leveling my lock up, and I join a group in progress at Utguard Keep. A druid is healing. I have healbot up on all of my characters so that I can get an easier glance and what is happening to the party (less information is more). The tank goes down to 50%, and the druid is jumping left, then right, then left, then right, etc. I'm leveling a druid and I do the same thing - no problem when casting pure HoTs, right? Well, the tank goes down further to 20%, then 10%, remained at 10% for several seconds, then dead, all while the druid is jumping back and forth. I asked him wtf he's doing, and he says, "casting hots moron". I went off on him, basically saying that there are TONS of things that he could have done to prevent that. Granted, the group didn't wipe so it wasn't a huge deal, but the fact remains that there are plenty of panic buttons. Tranquility had not been used, for one. I'm sure Nature's Swiftness and Swiftmend had not been used either. HoT spells don't get a tank out of the danger zone - direct heals do - spam Regrowth if you have to!

He replied, "no heals for you" at which time I said, "I don't need heals lol," which is entirely true with the heirloom trinkets.

Nobody died the rest of the run, so I guess it was all okay. Personally, I think the player simply panicked and drew a blank, so he started spamming Rejuvenation. If that was the case, simply stating so would have saved a lot of drama and tension in the run.

Long winded, but I found it funny!

There are TONS more in that thread.. I'm so glad I'm not part of that crap anymore... Razz

Cheers..
Admin

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:57 am

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top